Welcome back to another episode of “The Red Seat” podcast. On this edition of the show, as promised, we are deep diving into the rosters of the other AL East contenders following a very active trade deadline. We will look at each roster with their new additions and see if enough has changed to propel that team to new heights.
For the Yankees:
- Are Joey Gallo and Anthony Rizzo too little too late for a team that has scored the second fewest runs in the American League?
- Do Andrew Heaney and the new bullpen additions fix their pitching woes?
For the Rays:
- Is the addition of Nelson Cruz enough to propel the Rays to a division title?
- How big are the losses of Diego Castillo and Rich Hill?
- Can Luis Patiño shoulder the load going forward?
For the Blue Jays:
- With José Berríos added to this rotation is the group of Robbie Ray, Hyun Jin Ryu, and Alek Manoah the best in the division?
- How much better did their bullpen get with Brad Hand and Joakim Soria?
- If the season started today would they have the best roster?
For the Red Sox:
- Will the returns of Chris Sale and Kyle Schwarber come too later to stop the team from sliding out of contention?
- Will the additions of Hansel Robles and Austin Davis positively impact the bullpen?
- Will the rotation, which has been abysmal over the last 30 days, be able to hold it together down the stretch?
In addition to these questions we also deep dive into the 26-man roster and look at how the roster could look as this team heads into the playoffs, provided they make it.
Lastly, we answered a bunch of your listener questions before ending the show.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Keaton @TheSpokenKeats, and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!