The trade deadline has passed! Keaton and I are here to sort out the moves that the Red Sox made and give our quick hit reactions. Did they do enough? Do they have what it takes to hang onto this division over the season’s final months?
We answer a number of questions about Kyle Schwarber including:
- Where will he play?
- How well does he hit right handed pitching?
- Can he learn first base?
- What does this mean for Jarren Duran?
- Why didn’t the team just pay up to get Anthony Rizzo?
- Was the team really mindful of the luxury tax?
We also take a look at the reliever additions of Austin Davis and Hansel Robles. We answer the following questions:
- What are their likely roles?
- How will they help the team?
- What are their arsenals like?
As far as what the Red Sox gave up to get these deals done we discuss Aldo Ramirez, Michael Chavis, and Alex Scherff. We answer the questions:
- How will Chavis fit in Pittsburg?
- What kind of assets are Scherff and Ramirez?
- Were these fair returns in these deals?
This episode serves as a quick reaction primer to our main episode which will come out on Tuesday. On that episode we will deep dive into the moves made by the other AL East contenders including the Tampa Bay Rays, New York Yankees, and Toronto Blue Jays. How do the teams stack up now?
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Keaton @TheSpokenKeats, and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!