Good morning and welcome back to another edition of “The Red Seat” podcast!
On today’s episode of the show, we are diving into all of the latest happenings in Red Sox nation including:
- The Red Sox performance over the last week of baseball against both the Astros and the Blue Jays
- Just how strange the final game of the Astros series was
- The Red Sox are 7-7 so far after 14 games of their 17 game stretch, is that good?
- How much of a problem is the Red Sox starting pitching?
- Starting pitching had been a strength, but after this month is it still?
- Who is available on the starting pitching market?
After we get you up to date with that as well as a few other minor transactions we then dive into the meat of tonight’s show, the upcoming 2021 MLB Draft!
The Red Sox will pick fourth in this upcoming draft. This is the best pick the team has had in my lifetime and if you are under 50, in yours too. This is the best pick the team has had since 1967 and there is tremendous pressure not to screw it up. We dive into the nine most likely options to be taken at that spot with a particular focus given to the top six. We spend extra time on the two Vanderbilt starters Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker as well as Louisville catcher Henry Davis.
Lastly, we answered a bunch of your listener questions before ending the show.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Keaton @TheSpokenKeats, and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!