On this episode of “The Red Seat” podcast we get you caught up on all the recent news and notes surrounding the Red Sox including:
- Where they stand in the division with a red-hot Tampa team who never loses games.
- How screwed are the Yankees with all of their injuries?
- Could the Yankees fall out of the race during June with Corey Kluber and Luke Voit out of the picture?
- Was it the right move to demote Franchy Cordero?
- Should they have recalled someone other than Colten Brewer?
- Is it the right move to return to the three-man bench?
- Is it a good or a bad thing that Michael Chavis and Franchy Cordero will be getting reps everyday at Triple-A Worcester?
For the main course of today’s show we do an almost comically early trade deadline special. We start by looking at positions where the Red Sox could potentially upgrade their team including:
- Bench bat
- Impact starting pitcher
- High leverage reliever
As you can tell from the picture of Max Scherzer above we discuss some pretty sexy names that may be within reach for the Red Sox. Which of these is the most pressing team need? Which is the most likely? Which of these moves is most likely to propel the team to greater post-season success? Needless to say, we really really want Scherzer.
Lastly, we answered a bunch of your listener questions before ending the show.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Keaton @TheSpokenKeats, and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!