Well, after a long, cold winter of nothingness the Red Sox have finally shown some life. In the past week the team has done much of its offseason work by signing Enrique Hernández and Garrett Richards while also trading for Adam Ottavino.
The bulk of this show is spent assessing how exactly these players fit onto this roster. We answer questions like:
- Will Hernández get the bulk of the playing time at second base?
- Will Hernández play elsewhere regularly?
- Where will Richards slot into the rotation?
- How does Richards compare to Corey Kluber?
- How does the Red Sox rotation compare to the rest of the division?
- Is Richards’s injury history really so bad?
- Where does Ottavino fit into this bullpen?
- Will there be one defined closer?
- Are the Red Sox done adding to both the rotation and the bullpen?
- What moves can the Red Sox make to finish off this roster?
Overall, its hard not to say the Red Sox are a much better baseball team now than they were at the beginning of last week. It also appears that Bloom may not be done adding to this club.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Keaton @TheSpokenKeats, and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!