Welcome back to another edition of “The Red Seat Podcast” part of the Over The Monster family of podcasts. On this Tuesday morning edition of the show Keaton and I are checking in with how the Red Sox players, both hitters and pitchers, have performed in the early season.
We start off the show by giving some news updates on Eduardo Rodriguez and Jonathan Lucroy and by assessing where the Red Sox stand as a team after 10 games played. Following that we dive right into looking at positive and negative performances on the offensive side of the ball including:
- How worried are we about J.D. Martinez and his reliance on film?
- Who are we the most worried about out of Jose Peraza, Michael Chavis, and Andrew Benintendi?
- Where does Christian Vazquez rank among the best catchers in the game?
- Praise of Xander Bogaerts!
- Can JBJ prevent prolonged cold streaks?
We then move onto the pitching side and discuss who has pitched well, including:
- Phillips Valdez’s early season success.
- Nathan Eovaldi’s great start.
- Martin Perez’s encouraging second start.
- Successful outings from both Heath Hembree and Marcus Walden.
We then wrap up the show with your listener questions.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Keaton @TheSpokenKeats, and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!