On Today’s episode of the show I am joined by Ian Cundall the director of scouting at SoxProspects.com. We spend the first half of the show deep diving into the following topics:
- Thoughts on the shortened draft including:
- Is this a short-sighted move for teams?
- What does this do for baseball long term?
- With the Red Sox losing a second round pick in a five round draft is the penalty too harsh?
- How much money does the team actually have to spend now?
- What are the chances of the team landing good players for $20,000?
We also change gears and discuss Ian’s state of the system series he has been putting out at SoxProspects. We cover:
- High Minors Pitching
- Mid Minors Pitching
- Low Minors Pitching
- Corner Infielders
- Middle Infielders
This one is a long one, but if you are into the Red Sox minor league system or the upcoming draft it is a must listen. I’d also urge you to follow Ian on Twitter at @IanCundall and follow myself at @DevJake.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Thanks for listening!