Since we are light on news these days we have to get creative and boy did we. On this episode I am joined by Shelly Verougstraete for a truly unique activity.
We decided that it would be cool to see which 40 year period of Red Sox history would create the most dominant fantasy team: 1940-1979 or 1980-2019?
We had some rules for this exercise:
- If you used a player once he was off the board
- If you used a year once he was off the board, example: if I use Ted Williams 1949 season I can’t use Vern Stephens 1949 season
- You can’t use more than six players per decade
- In order to qualify at a position for a given year the player had to play the majority of their games at that position
- Lastly, since the DH came into play in 1973 the DH spot for the 1940-1979 team was used as a UTL position, despite this I used a player who played a lot of DH.
- We had to fill C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF, DH/UTL, SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5, and CL
- The categories were R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, ERA, WHIP, W, SVH, K
I had the 1940-1979 team and Shelly had 1980-2019.
This was a ton of fun and we might be doing even more with this expanding to the franchises first forty years of existence.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Shelly @ShellyV_643 and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!