A few weeks ago on the show Keaton and I took part in an exercise where we both built versions of what the time could look like in 2020. At that time we didn’t have MLB Trade Rumors’s yearly arbitration estimates, which tend to be sneaky accurate every year. Now that we do Keaton and I decided to look back and see if either of us was successful in getting under the $208M luxury tax threshold.
There were some major differences is our rosters including:
- How much we believe Scooter Gennett will make in free agency
- Will JBJ be traded?
- Will David Price be traded?
- Will Nathan Eovaldi be traded?
- Is Brock Holt back with the team?
Similarities include most everything else including:
- Michael Chavis and Bobby Dalbec earning full time roles
- Tanner Roark signing with the team
- The team adding a FA reliever
Later in the show we close by answering all of your listener questions.
Thanks for the download. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter Jake Devereaux (@DevJake) and Keaton DeRocher (@TheSpokenKeats). Hit us up any time to discuss rosters or other topics you want to hear about over the winter.