Mike Napoli thinks he has left his slump behind him. The first baseman sat in Thursday's loss to the Blue Jays. (Rob Bradford; WEEI.com)
The Red Sox did lose to the Blue Jays on Thursday, but one positive stemmed from the defeat. (Evan Drellich; MassLive.com)
Anthony Ranaudo didn't have his best stuff in his McCoy debut on Thursday, but he grinded through. (Tim Britton; Providence Journal)
On Wednesday, Brayan Villarreal made his organizational debut after he was traded to Boston from Detroit in the Jake Peavy trade. He didn't disappoint. (Tim Healey; SoxProspects.com)
Jack Keller examines what the Red Sox might do at first base next season. (Jack Keller; Fire Brand of the AL)
Daniel Nava is in favor of extended replay, but respects the role the umpires play in baseball. (Mark Polishuk; ESPNBoston.com)
A former Red Sox pitcher is set to create an elite 18-and-under softball team with hopes of competing on a national level. (Mark Daniels; Boston Herald)
Read more Red Sox:
- Revisiting the Peavy trade after Iglesias' miracle
- A healthy Stephen Drew having stellar second half for Red Sox
- Do the Red Sox need an ace to contend?
- How have the Red Sox' free agent signings impacted 2013?
- Red Sox at third: Why Will Middlebrooks over Xander Bogaerts makes sense