Sometimes we like to think of athletes as almost superhuman, given their feats of strength and speed and the like. Turns out, though, that they're just like us, and that thunder and lightning totally makes them skittish:
It's hard to see with the rain-soaked camera, but that's Yankees' outfielder Brett Gardner jumping in the lap of Austin Romine like you might see happen to someone spooked in a cartoon. Don't worry, Yankees fans: the Red Sox had their own embarrassing moment during the same booming thunder:
I can't decide between Jose Iglesias' leaning back all relaxed only to curl up and cower once thunder is heard, or if Jarrod Saltalamachia running off post-thunder is the best part of this. You can see the whole thing in video in order to get the full effect with the sounds:
Read more Red Sox:
- MLB Draft 2013: Who could the Red Sox pick at #7?
- Red Sox' Dustin Pedroia has full UCL tear
- Is John Lackey really back?
- Two Red Sox prospects in Keith Law’s updated top 25
- Where’s Dustin Pedroia’s power? Ask the pitchers