The Red Sox were down 5-2 in the ninth inning on Sunday, but managed to come back and win in dramatic fashion thanks to three walks, a David Ortiz double, and of course, Jacoby Ellsbury's two-run, game-winning walk-off double on Joe Smith's first pitch:
With walk-off hits come walk-off celebrations. I've always kind of loved these, regular season or no, just because of the sheer joy on the faces of everyone involved:
Though, let's be honest: David Ortiz outrunning everyone in his excitement is the best part of this whole thing outside of the win itself:
Maybe, as it was occurring, I winced a little at the thought of something Achilles-related happening, but it didn't, so now we can enjoy this on an infinite loop!
Read more Red Sox:
- Jacoby Ellsbury’s pull problem
- Terry Francona, a roaring memory
- Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia is quietly producing
- Who can the Red Sox call up if Shane Victorino is on the DL?
- Stephen Drew’s presence is key