A few to start your day...
- The Red Sox are not, repeat: NOT!, going to trade for Alfonso Soriano. You may now halt your heavy breathing, step outside the shower and replace your clothes.
- WEEI's Alex Speier has a typically excellent piece on finding diamonds in the rough in the draft. It's called, appropriately, Josh Reddick and the Art of Finding Diamonds In The Rough.
- At Fan Graphs, Mike Newman looks at Red Sox prospect Sean Coyle. Like Dustin Pedroia, Coyle is a short-ish middle infielder, so the comparisons are understandable, but Mr. Newman doesn't feel they are fair or accurate.
- Surviving Grady perfectly encapsulates the mood in Red Sox nation over the news that Bobby Jenks has now had to have a second back surgery
- The Platoon Advantage offers three Hall of Fame ballots for your edification and amusement (one, two, three).
- Finally, A-Rod wears glasses. Really.