- Congrats to JD Drew for winning the All-Star MVP award. I was worried he wouldn't win it because of the 'B' on his hat, but he definitely deserved it. He deserves the spotlight and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. And to think, he was voted in by players -- makes it even sweeter.
- I'm not quite sure what to think about this whole Jonathan Papelbon mess. I haven't really known what to think about him since he started spouting off about his contract a short while ago. He made some comments that obviously were going to piss some Yankee fans off, and he received that back at the All-Star parade. I understand why he is complaining (and no one should ever feel unsafe) but he had a hand in the whole situation. And, unfortunately, if the roles were reversed, it'd happen in Boston, too.
- Outside of Drew, there wasn't anything notable from any other Sox hitters. Dustin Pedroia walked -- that's really all to note. No worries though. Drew did enough to carry the rest's slack. Papelbon went an inning, allowed a hit and struck out two.
- What's with Wade Boggs wearing a Yankees hat? C'mon. Is that necessary? He's in the Hall wearing a Sox hat but now that he's in New York he's wearing the interlocking NY? I don't really like that, but maybe we should be a little understanding in this case.
- There's a lot to remember about last night's game, but one thing that might go unnoticed but shouldn't is the job Terry Francona did. Some will question him removing Francisco Rodriguez so early in the game, but that move was done to ensure Mariano Rivera would see time in the game. I did hear some praise for Francona and it just makes me think: in 10, 15, 20, 25 years, how is the baseball world going to look at Francona? I think he's going to go down as one of the best managers in baseball and probably the nicest guy in the history of baseball. I've never heard a bad word about Francona and I think that's how we'll all remember him. It's a pleasure to have him coaching our team.
- When will the All-Star game be back in Fenway? I can't wait...