Because what's better than convenient rhymes?
Let's see. Who on the Yanks has been in the news with some kind of negative sub-plot?
- Moose, Pavano, Torre. My initial reaction? C'mon. I hate to agree with any Yankees, but Moose and Torre are absolutely correct. Villain? Who else? Pavano. Moving on.
- Woohoo! DUIs for all! Meet the new Boss, same as the Piano Man. Villain? Who else? Jack Daniel's.
- Mariano Rivera and Brian Cashman talk respect. The Yanks probably need to go ahead and do this. I'd be fine if they didn't, however. Villain? Cashman if anyone.
- Bernie Williams and the media talk respect. Villain? Whatever team out there that doesn't have a real DH yet. ...or possibly no one. Like I've said before, hang em up.
- Torre is lame-duck, Steinbrenner offers lame answer. To be fair to Steinbrenner, basically lame compared to the tirades we're all used to. Seems like he could have elaborated a bit more. Villain? ...I dunno. Mattingly?
We're always on the look-out for negative Yankee headlines to exploit (I am anyway). Post em here.