Some game photos!
BOS Beckett (0-0, n/a) ANA Lackey (0-0, n/a) Red Sox Lineup: 1. Dustin Pedroia, 2B 2. Kevin Youkilis, 1B 3. David Ortiz, DH 4. Manny Ramirez, LF 5. Mike Lowell, 3B 6. J.D. Drew, RF 7. Jason Varitek, C 8. Coco Crisp, CF 9. Julio Lugo, SS Angels Lineup: 1. Chone Figgins, RF 2. Orlando Cabrera, SS 3. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 4. Garret Anderson, LF 5. Macier Izturis, 3B 6. Casey Kotchman, 1B 7. Howie Kendrick, 2B 8. Mike Napoli, C 9. Reggie Willits, CFSome Pre-Game Thoughts:
- Lineups aren't up yet (as of 4:00 p.m. EST), but I'm going to guess it'll look a lot like this: Pedroia, Youkilis, Ortiz, Ramirez, Lowell, Drew, Varitek, Crisp, and Lugo. If that isn't there lineup, maybe we should sit Francona down and have a chat with him.
- John Lackey is going to be tough tonight, but he struggled in two starts against the Sox this season: 0-2, 9.2 IP, 20 H, 9 ER, 8.38 ERA. I'll take those numbers any day.
- Globe writer Amalie Benjamin noted on Extra Bases today that JD Drew is 5-for-11 against Lackey so far this season. When considering that and his September performance, we could see an amazing game (or series? Or post-season?) out of our rightfielder.
- Every prediction I've seen has had the Yankees and Phillies in the World Series. Yeah, we'll see about that.
- Speaking of the Phils, Cole Hamels is on the mound right now against Rockies' starter Josh Fogg. Hamels is struggling at the moment (3-0 Rockies in the 4th), but he really is an amazing talent. Early Cy Young candidate for 2008?
- I'll make a bold prediction: If the Rockies win this series, the Rockies will make it to the World Series. Winning is another issue, however.