Randy is on a mini-vacation, so I'll handle the Sunday link dump for today. Not to worry though, he'll be back in plenty of time to do the next one.
- David Schoenfield has a column on ESPN.com's Page 2 about how Manny deserves the MVP award.
- We apparently offered Marky-Mark to the Tigers for some pitching help, but were turned down.
- We, too, were interested in Abreu. Or so The Buzz at Boston.com claims. I'm kinda glad we didn't get him. The past three games have made it painfully obvious what every single cent needs to be spent on...
- The Oregonian has a very nice article on Jacob Ellsbury.
- The entries in BDD's Photoshop contest are a mixed bag. There are some very funny ones in there, though.
- Beyond the Box Score has a great experiment that tries to pin down an accurate winning percentage for replacement level pitchers.
- We're ranked 8th in the ESPN.com power rankings. How dare they?! Don't they know that we... actually, that feels about right. If not even overly generous.
- Never slow down, never grow old. Gammons was on hand for yesterday's thumping. ESPN wrote a short article on it, and managed to find a picture where John Henry looks like Darth Vader and Gammons like the Emperor. Also, Henry's hair looks like Lego hair. Look closely!
- The best smelling shortstop in the game is apparently also psychic.
- Bill Plaschke is so insanely dumb that it's hard to believe, really. Fire Joe Morgan outs him as the inane moron he is and they do it in hilarious ways. Second from the top. At the very top is a comment on McCarver's rant against keeping track of pitch counts from today's Sox-Yanks game. Gotta love the old-timers.
- Just in case someone missed it in the diaries to the right, I feel the need to once again point out that Denis Leary's Mel Gibson rant can be seen and heard whenever you want to.
- Another reminder, be sure to check out SoSH's wiki-project.
- Need4Sheed has the youtube video of Jimmy Kimmel playing basketball with Eminem. It's insanely funny.
- Three weeks to go until some fooooootbaaaaaaall. Any need for veteran leadership on the Pats should be filled by them coaxing 12-time Pro Bowler Junior Seau out of retirement.