It took five homers to do it, but the Red Sox ended their three-game losing streak and secured a second victory in the fifth game of their dreaded west coast road trip. Many of you were probably in bed at the time -- it's okay, fess up, we understand -- but don't worry: we've got all five homers for you, in video form, below.
It would have been a better night had Allen Webster not been similarly knocked around by the Mariners' lineup -- it's not often you see 19 runs scored at Safeco, but the starting pitching allowed that sort of thing on Tuesday -- but hey, it's hard to complain about a night in which David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, Mike Napoli, Jackie Bradley Jr., and Shane Victorino all go deep. And, as we're remembering, any night on a west coast trip that ends with a W is a good night.
Read more Red Sox:
- MLB Trade Deadline: How can the Red Sox fix their bullpen?
- Should the Red Sox sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia to an extension?
- The sustainable side of Jose Iglesias’ success at the plate
- MLB Trade Deadline: Patience is key for the Red Sox
- Red Sox starter Jon Lester rises and falls (and rises again?) with his sinker