The Red Sox have selected Forrestt Allday out of Central Arkansas with their eighth-round pick in the 2013 MLB Draft.
Allday, 22, is a 5'11, 190 pound outfielder whose numbers are kind of ridiculous. In 2011, playing in junior college, he produced a .554 on-base percentage. After moving up to Division I Central Arkansas in 2012, he repeated the performance, that number would fall...to .486.
Allday seems to be content to take his walks when they're offered to him, ranking fourth in the nation with more than one per game in 2012. That tends to be a good skill to have, and can certainly mask some deficiencies in pure physical abilities. And sometimes they develop oddly and you end up with Kevin "Greek God of walks" Youkilis.
No, Forrestt Allday is not Kevin Youkilis.
Really, though, none of that matters in light of the fact that his name is Forrestt Allday. Wherever the rest of his tools stand, he's got an 80 name.
Read more Red Sox:
- MLB Draft 2013 results: Red Sox select pitcher Trey Ball #7 overall
- MLB Draft 2013: The best #7 picks in history
- Xander Bogaerts might be baseball’s best prospect
- Mike Napoli: 3 weeks and True Outcomes
- Cliff Lee's no-trade clause includes Red Sox