How weird does this look? Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE
It's 11:30pm EST and the Red Sox game is only entering the eighth inning. Stupid water falling from the sky.
Kevin Youkilis News
- You may know Michael Schur from Parks and Recreation and/or The Office. He was also Ken Tremendous from the late, lamented Fire Joe Morgan blog. He's also a Red Sox fan and wrote a nice piece on Red Sox nation saying good-bye to Kevin Youkilis. (Michael Schur; Grantland)
- Alex Speier talked to the man himself about the rumors, the emotions and the realities of being traded from the only franchise he's known. (Alex Speier; WEEI.com)
- Some pictures of Youk's final appearance for the Red Sox. (Allan; Joy of Sox)
Some more Youk and non-Youk related links after the jump.
- Saying good-bye isn't easy, especially when you're saying good-bye to someone as important to the Red Sox as Kevin Youkilis has been over the past almost-a-decade. (Alex Convery; Fire Brand of the AL)
- BP's take on the Youk trade. (RJ Anderson; Baseball Prospectus) ($$$)
- The Common Man seems to agree with me that the Youkilis deal might not have been the best of ideas for the Red Sox (The Common Man; The Platoon Advantage)
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. is coming. It's time for a party in Double-A. Bring your awesome. You know Jackie will his. (More specifically, here's what he does well and needs to work on.) (Chris Mellon; Sox Prospects)
- Are the Blue Jays the anti-Moneyball team? It's probably not that easy, says Dustin Parkes. (Dustin Parkes; The Score)
- Ex-Red Sox outfielder Marlon Byrd was given a 50 game suspension for violating MLB's PED policy. (Craig Calcaterra; Hardball Talk)