"I LISTEN TO THE OTM PODCAST BECAUSE I LOVE IT MORE THAN I LOVE MY DOG PUDDLES BECAUSE HE PEES ON THE FRIDGE. BAD PUDDLES BAD BAD DOG. I LOVE YOU PUDDLES." (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Things to listen for in this episode of the OTM Podcast:
- The part where Matt forgets what he's saying mid-sentence
- The approximately twelve seconds of dead air that follow that part
- The lively discussion of whether or not Matt should edit that part out so as not to look like an idiot
- Matt looking like an idiot
- Other stuff
Yes, it's all baseball all the time except when it isn't on the OTM Podcast.
But to get down to it, in this episode Matt is joined by the great Sam Miller from Baseball Prospectus and the wonderful Jason Wojciechowski from Baseball Prospectus, The Platoon Advantage, Beaneball.org, Mountain Goat Corner, The Funny Hat Blog, Souping It Up, and of course, Coasters.org. The gentlemen in question are yammered at a bit by the host and before getting down to the business of discussing the following:
- Labeling starting pitchers as number ones or number twos (good? bad?)
- The Red Sox rough start
At that point Jason has to go (he has to watch his cat break things) so Matt and Sam carry on and discuss...
- ... the best teams in the AL ...
- ... with a single detour towards the Pittsburgh Pirates who very deliciously can't hit.
It's a relatively speedy, extraordinarily exciting, entirely un-edited, and more than a little embarrassing episode of the Over The Monster Podcast!
You can subscribe to and/or download the podcast at iTunes and/or listen and/or download at our hosting site, Podomatic. Email us with your stuff OTMPodcast@gmail.com. Many thanks to Sam and Jason for their time and insight and for putting up with the host. Thanks as always, to Kahoots, the official band of the OTM Podcast, and of course thanks to you for listening.