It's a lazy Sunday morning here in Portland, so, as I'm wont to do, I pulled up various Red Sox pages to look at some stats. I'm nothing if not sexy. I found some surprising information and I thought I'd share it here, but in quiz form. So sharpen your #2 pencils and put down your notes, because it's time for the first and, if we're all lucky, last edition of Red Sox Trivia!
1. Which Red Sox pitcher has the highest strikeout rate this season?
2. Which Red Sox player has the most errors this season?
3. Which Red Sox pitcher has the highest ground ball rate this season?
4. Which Red Sox player has been worth the most money via Fan Graphs?
5. Which Red Sox player has been the most clutch this season (via Fan Graphs)?
Answers after the jump!
1. Rich Hill, 13.5. Jonathan Papelbon's 12.22 is second. If you keep it to just starters than it's Erik Bedard who, in his one start, struck out five in five innings for a K/9 of 9 which just edges out Jon Lester's 8.82.
2. Jed Lowrie, 10. Marco Scutaro is second with 8 in about 150 more innings played. For those of you who avoid simple math for religious reasons, Red Sox shortstops have combined for 17 total errors (9 by Lowrie, 7 by Scutaro, and 1 by Drew Sutton).
So, how'd you do?