Red Sox Acquire Kevin Cash from Astros

SAN FRANCISCO - MAY 14: Starting pitcher Felipe Paulino #52 of the Houston Astros speaks to catcher Kevin Cash #36 during the second inning of their game against the San Francisco Giants at AT&T Park on May 14, 2010 in San Francisco, California. Paulino gave up three runs in the inning. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

Yes, Wake's personal catcher from a few years ago is back- from mlbtraderumors.com, The Red Sox have traded IF Angel Sanchez to the Astros for Kevin Cash.  So far, they haven't officially announced where he will be playing, but presumably he will be in Boston, and most likely starting friday night, as his former battery-mate Tim Wakefield takes the mound.

I would like to say that this makes it clear that the Red Sox didn't think Molina would be capable of catching Wakefield, but the way this team has been going, I'd say there is about a 40% chance of that and about a 60% chance that Varitek is injured and going on the DL.  We'll see soon enough.

 

EDIT: I'm seeing from a couple of different sources now that Varitek has, indeed, broken his foot and is expected to miss 6 weeks.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Over the Monster

You must be a member of Over the Monster to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Over the Monster. You should read them.

Join Over the Monster

You must be a member of Over the Monster to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Over the Monster. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker