Well Red Sox Nation, we have heard throughout the off-season that Papelbon was on a mission. A man determined to exercise the demons of last year’s debacle against the Angels. Unless the corrective surgery on my eyes is not allowing me to see correctly, it took two pitches and a Granderson homerun to inflate those doubts. Round three goes to the Yankees and I am sick to my stomach.
1. As of right now, no one can convince me that Big Papi is going to resemble anything close to what we need from him this year. Being struck out on three straight pitches by Chan "Out of the" Park is unacceptable and uncharacteristic.
2. Great start by Lackey. Good to see one of the trinity of aces step up and resemble the Pedro of old.
3. Another note on Lackey, good to see the bull-dog mentality come out as he plucked Jeter in retaliation of Pettitte hitting Youk. There is no jelly fish in his spine.
4. Papelbon looked great mowing down A-Roid, Cano, and Posada in the ninth, but was Francona asking too much from Papelbon to go two innings so early in the year?
5. Red Sox offense crashes down to earth. After exploding for 9 runs in- game one, the Sox score on consecutive nights four than one run. Funny how the Red Sox hitting got worse as it went down the Yankees pitching rotation.