I love this time of the year. I LIVE for these predictions. If Theo does this, we could be celebrating the division.
1. Re-sign Victor Martinez at a 3 year deal, 40-50 million
2. Re-sign Beltre at two years if possible, if not, go with Lars Anderson
3. Sign Carl Crawford at a five year deal or whatever the money he wants.
4. Shop Ellsbury but don't get rid of him. If you get a good package, deal him. If not, keep him.
5. Exercise Ortiz's option.
Line up would look like this:
1. Crawford .280 15HRs and 60+ RBI's
2. Pedroia .290 15HRs and 65+ RBI's
3. Martinez .285 25+HRs and 80+ RBI
4. Youkilis .290 30HR and 100 RBI
5. Ortiz .270 25+HR 90RBI
6. Beltre .280 20HR 90RBI
7. Drew .270 20HR 75RBI
8. Scutaro .275 10HR 60RBI
9. Ellsburry .280 10HR 55RBI
My Projected stats....
It looks like a good lineup. Should be able to match the Yankee one.
The rotation should do better, with Beckett and Lackey settling into their contracts. Look for Buchholz and Lester to continue to dominate.
Who is the going to be the Red Sox's top acquisition of the offseason?
Carl Crawford - Free Agent (82 votes)
Jayson Werth - Free Agent (27 votes)
Re-signing V-Mart or Beltre (79 votes)
Trading for a 1st Baseman or pitcher (22 votes)
210 total votes