Over the past few weeks you have seen E-Coli, Allen and myself putting up the Top 10 moments of the Red Sox's 2008 season. It hasn't been the most consistent schedule, but I just wanted to update everyone on the status of this and where we are heading with OTM once this project is done.
Here's how the Top 10 has looked so far, heading into No. 1 tomorrow
10. Rumble in the Fens (Sox defeating Rangers, 19-17)
9. 'Being' being 'Being' (Manny's high five and double play in Baltimore)
8. Manny hits No. 500 (Manny hits his 500th career home run)
7. Clean-up hitter of the year (Pedroia's amazing 4-hole streak from Aug. 30 to Sept. 3)
6. Bay in Boston: A star is born? (Bay's debut with the Red Sox is a walkoff win)
5. Beckett, Varitek heroics (Game 6 of the ALCS, Beckett battles through injury, Varitek hits go-ahead home run late)
4. Drew's HR sinks Angels (Game 2 of the ALDS, Drew hits game-wining home run off K-Rod)
3. Lester in da Bronx (Lester shuts out Yankees during pivotal point of season)
2. Lester's throws no-hitter (self explanatory)
All we have left is the top spot, No. 1. You can probably guess what that will be, but you should still stick around see our fancy little write up for it.
You might be wondering where we are heading next and I can tell you: see the prospects list on the left sidebar? We're blowing it up! It's that time of the year to redo our list. I thought about possible ways we could do it, but I settled on a community vote. Why? Because this is a community. OTM thrives as a community, so let's make this list reflect the community's ideas, not just mine.
So the plan is to hold a vote for each position on the top 20 chart. We'll start with No. 1 and work our way down the list. Look for the prospects list to start either this weekend or Monday.
And, as always, if you have any ideas or suggestions for OTM, please e-mail me at rbooth AT overthemonster DOT com.