Recent, mild temperatures aren't the only reason why many Bostonians are thinking spring. This Saturday morning, February 9th, an 18-wheeler will depart from Fenway Park carrying the Red Sox' spring training equipment to Fort Myers, Florida. It's an 1,467-mile trek from Yawkey Way to Edison Avenue (Thanks to Boston.com for the map).
Last year's "truck day"
(Globe File Photo / Suzanne Kreiter)
Dry your eyes, Pats fans, it's Red Sox season again! Here are the need-to-know dates to kick off Spring Training:
- Feb. 14: Pitchers and catchers are due to report to Fort Myers.
- Feb. 16: First workout for pitchers and catchers.
- Feb. 20: Reporting day for Sox position players.
- Feb. 22: First Red Sox full squad workout.
- Feb. 28: First Red Sox spring training game.
The full Spring Training game schedule can be found in an easy-to-read format on Boston.com's Extra Bases.